This Saturday in The Sound of Amsterdam: Jens de Langer
Hear the light, see the sound. This Saturday Jens de Langer mixed The Sound Of Amsterdam for Viasound Radio.
The Sound of Amsterdam // ViaSound Radio // 10pm Athens Time /. 9pm Amsterdam Time
1. Acumen – Letting Go (Timid Boy Remix / Time Has Changed)
2. Giuseppe Cennamo - Nunca Mas (Monique Musique)
3. Kaiserdisco - Chordalia (Micro.Fon)
4. Optick & Ciprian Lemnaru – Maya (90watts)
5. El Mundo & Satori – The Boat That Rocks (90watts)
6. Jens de Langer vs. VMH – Arcturian Armitrage (90watts)
7. Luca Bernardi - Life Is A Gamble (Soulman Music)
8. Youknow – Bacata (Technasia Remix 2 / Monique Musique)
9. Hectik Rivero & Mika Materazzi – The Basser (WOW)
10. Presetone – Guilty Secret (90watts)
11. Unders & Sven Prinsen – Unsolved Labyrinth (90watts)
Jens de Langer:
Jens de Langer is mainly a true dedicated music lover. He wrote his own songs when he was 8 years old and played drums and percussion for 7 years before he started dj-ing.
After some experimental projects, Jens started producing in 2002. With software like Reason he made “The Sidewalk” and did a limited pressing of 300 copies himself. This track got listed in an Essential Mix in 2004. In the couple of years after that, Jens developed himself, with better software and equipment and produced several tracks, like “Colour Me Blue”, “See” and a remix of “Don’t Phunk With My Heart”, by the Black Eyed Peas.
As a DJ and as a producer Jens de Langer has passed various (sub) styles of electronic music, from progressive- to electro house, but also inspired by music from the eighties, italo disco, dub, jazz and indie rock. Jens: “music catches me when it’s not definable as one style or genre. I love sounds that fade borders and I think that really good music just starts where genres end.”
Now, Jens de Langer has found his musical Self in a more authentic blend of driving tech-house with flavours of deep, black funk. Not really coincidentally while he started working at 90watts. In the early months of 2009 he found this new home base in Amsterdam, which is one of the fastest rising tech-house labels in the Netherlands. On 90watts he released “Life Is Synchronicity”, inspired on spiritual principles of life.
Besides the hard business of running the public relations and promotion of 90watts, Jens works on new tracks which will see daylight this summer.