This Saturday in The Sound of Amsterdam XL: Jens de Langer
Hear the light, see the sound. Occasionally this Saturday we bring an XL edition of The Sound Of Amsterdam for Viasound Radio, featuring a 2 hour set by Jens de Langer.
1. Kressel - Take Over (Move The Masses)
2. Carlo Lio - Seven Moods (Monique Musique)
3. Evans & Waterfall - Cafe Loco (Mendo Remix / Clarisse Records)
4. El Mundo & Satori - Stay Tuned (Mulder Remix / 90watts promo)
5. UGLH, Federico Locchi - No Category (8bit)
6. Audioslags - Rapacious (AudioStudio144)
7. Rainer Weichhold - Infernal (Juan Sanchez Remix / Greatstuff)
8. Ramon Tapia - Sunka Sanka (Coyu & Edu Imbernon Remix / Greatstuff)
9. Luca Bernardi - Life Is A Gamble (Soulman Music)
10. Michel De Hey - Vodka (Coyu & Edu Imbernon Remix / Hey!/N.E.W.S.)
11. Presetone - Guilty Secret (Marcus Gehring Remix / 90watts)
12. Audio Junkies, Lonya - Florentin (James Blonde & Oliver Deutschmann Remix / Elevation Recordings)
13. Booka Shade - Bad Love (Kaiserdisco Instrumental Mix / Get Physical)
14. Jens de Langer vs. VMH - Arcturian Armitrage (90watts promo)
15. Karotte - All She Wants Is (Break New Soil)
16. Ramon Tapia - The Digg (Greatstuff)
17. Solomun - Boys In The Hood (Gorge Remix / Dyinamic)
18. Santos - Slegado (Monique Musique)
19. Kaiserdisco - Amalfino (MBF)
20. Alex Flatner, Oliver Klein - Outlandos (Santos Provocation Remix / Circle Music)
21. Unders & Sven Prinsen - Dancing With The Minotaur (90watts)
Bio Jens de Langer:
ens de Langer is mainly a true dedicated music lover. He wrote his own songs when he was 8 years old and played drums and percussion for 7 years before he started dj-ing.
After some experimental projects, Jens started producing in 2002. With software like Reason he made “The Sidewalk” and did a limited pressing of 300 copies himself. This track got listed in an Essential Mix in 2004. In the couple of years after that, Jens developed himself, with better software and equipment and produced several tracks, like “Colour Me Blue”, “See” and a remix of “Don’t Phunk With My Heart”, by the Black Eyed Peas.
As a DJ and as a producer Jens de Langer has passed various (sub) styles of electronic music, from progressive- to electro house, but also inspired by music from the eighties, italo disco, dub, jazz and indie rock. Jens: “music catches me when it’s not definable as one style or genre. I love sounds that fade borders and I think that really good music just starts where genres end.”
Now, Jens de Langer has found his musical Self in a more authentic blend of driving tech-house with flavours of deep, black funk. Not really coincidentally while he started working at 90watts. In the early months of 2009 he found this new home base in Amsterdam, which is one of the fastest rising tech-house labels in the Netherlands. On 90watts he released “Life Is Synchronicity”, inspired on spiritual principles of life.
Jens de Langer vs. VMH - Arcturian Armitrage;
Including remixes by Arjuna Schiks, Optick & Ciprian Lemnaru and Van Meeteren & Hyde.
More info: http://90watts.com/releases/9043
Release date: June 15, 2010