World Wide 90watts #051: Pascal Morais
We're in the last weeks of 2011 and this Wednesday "The Sound Of Amsterdam volume 4" will go live in digital stores. In this show we play a few tracks from this package and 45 minutes in the mix: Pascal Morais.
- Ibiza Global Radio: Saturday night at 1AM (CET).
ViaSound Radio: Wednesday evening at 6PM (CET).
Viasound re-run: on Saturday at 4pm (CET).
More about our show host: http://renskevankollenburg.com
1. Angelo D'onorio - Dylan (90watts)
2. Pascal Morais feat. Lex Empress - 5th Dimension (90watts)
DJ SET: PASCAL MORAIS
1. Hillary Sargeant - Fanga (Abicah Soul MIx)
2. Neil Pierce ft Adeola Shyll - Love Therapy (Sy Sez Dub)
3. Encrediblez - The Carribean Lingo
4. Reggie Dokes ft Athenai & Sage Monk - Let Me Go (Culoe de Song Zulu Spirit Mix)
5. Pascal Morais - Unreleased Track
6. Da Capo - A Prayer for All My Countrymen
7. Dj Shimza ft Andyboi - We going higher (Black Motion MIx)
8. Soule Villain - The Dogon People of Mali (Blaq Soul Remix)
9. Eltonnick ft NaakMusiQ - Ndiyindoda (Pascal Morais & Denz Devarez Mix)
Back in ‘96 the sound of DJ Pascal Morais was as fresh as squeaking sneakers on the bathroom floor. In his former hometown, Hoorn, where it all started his mixtapes were pumping out of car speakers everywhere. One of Hollands hottest dancehall DJs, and Pascal Morais hooked up and together they produced several tracks. In return this DJ introduced him to clubs such as: Bubbles in lelystad, Marcanti Plaza in Amsterdam and Acneton in The Hague, followed by Margerithas, The Industry and Timeless. His music style gradually evolved into a different sound.
After a turbulent time at the end of the millennium with the closure of some clubs, Pascal Morais decided to focus on mix-cds. He was known for his ability to mix Hip Hop with Dance and Ballads with dancehall and made numerous mashups, played by other DJ’s. In the year 2G he decided to focus on the DJ generation for 2020 and had a baby son. He stepped out for a while because soon his babyboy started to damage his DJ Equipment. One day he even found a peanutbutter sandwhich in his Pioneer CD players.
After his diaper sabattical Pascal Morais teamed up with several other DJ’s, spinning the hottest soulful, Deep and Afrobeat tunes around Amsterdam and Rotterdam. Besides DJ-ing, Pascal Morais is producing his own music as well and is working together with numerous national and international artists from Canada to South Africa. Lately he started to run his own label Arrecha Records, which is quite successful because of the strong tunes and remixes it offers by different artists from all around the globe.